Friday, January 29, 2010

Hello to anyone who may have stumbled across my little 'ole blog :) This is me.





I'm currently a counseling intern at Miller Counseling Services, P.C. and so excited to learn and grow from a wonderful staff coming from different backgrounds and specialties! My curious mind constantly leads me to question and absorb from the different perceptions and experiences of others.

God has blessed me with passions in my life, and has allowed me to build upon one in particular in the helping profession. I long to help those in need, and those who don't have the means to currently help themselves. I have experience in mentoring and behavior monitoring with adolescents with cognitive disabilities, particularly autism. I am also currently working with children with behavioral, emotional, and cognitive deficiencies.

I graduated from North Carolina State University in 2008 (Go Wolfies!). I am in the finishing stages of completing my masters at Liberty University. I enjoy reading and discussing Jesus, and the role of spiritual warfare today. Some other of my passions and interests include music, photography, writing, and laughing.

This will be a place where you can read about life issues, intervention strategies, therapeutic techniques, and ways to help yourself! Comments and suggestions are welcome :)




No comments:

Post a Comment